Metal processing (metalworking), is a kind of processing technology and production activities of making articles, parts and components from metal materials.
Metal parts are widely used in various machines and equipment. Metal parts have the dimensional stability, strength and hardness, high and low temperature resistance characteristics and conductivity , which are often used to make precision parts. Compared with plastic parts, there are many kinds of materials for metal parts, such as aluminum alloy, copper alloy, zinc alloy, steel, titanium alloy, magnesium alloy, etc., with different properties. Among them, ferroalloy, aluminum alloy, copper alloy and zinc alloy are most commonly used in industrial and civil products. These metal materials have different physical and chemical properties, different structure and shape of metal parts processing technology has great difference.
The main processing methods of metal parts are: machining, stamping, precision casting, powder metallurgy, metal injection molding.
Machining is the process of changing the overall dimension or performance of the workpiece through a kind of mechanical equipment. According to the difference in processing methods, it can be divided into cutting and pressure machining. Stamping is a kind of forming processing method which uses press and die to exert external force on sheet, strip, pipe and profile to produce plastic deformation or separation, so as to obtain the required shape and size of the workpiece (stamping part).
Precision casting, powder metallurgy and metal injection molding belong to hot working process. They are formed in the mold cavity by heating the molten metal at high temperature to obtain the required shape and size. There are also special machining, such as: laser machining, EDM, ultrasonic machining, electrochemical machining, particle beam machining and ultra-high speed machining. Turning, milling, forging, casting, grinding, CNC machining, CNC machining. They all belong to machining.
Machine tools for metal processing
Machine tools for metal processing
Shaft machining - Center lathe
Electrical discharge machining -EDM
Precision screw machining
Die casting machine
Die casting die
Display of metal parts:
1. Ferrous metal parts: parts made of iron, chromium, manganese and their alloy materials.
Precision mould parts
CNC machined steel parts
Precision lead screw
Gear transmission parts
2. Nonferrous metal parts: common nonferrous alloys include aluminum alloy, copper alloy, magnesium alloy, nickel alloy, tin alloy, tantalum alloy, titanium alloy, zinc alloy, molybdenum alloy, zirconium alloy, etc.
Zinc die casting housing
Aluminum stamping cover
Aluminium die casting housing
Surface treatment can be divided into four aspects
1. Mechanical surface treatment: sandblasting, shot blasting, polishing, rolling, polishing, brushing, spraying, painting, oiling, etc.
2. Chemical surface treatment: bluing and blackening, phosphating, pickling, electroless plating of various metals and alloys, TD treatment, QPQ treatment, chemical oxidation, etc.
3. Electrochemical surface treatment: anodic oxidation, electrochemical polishing, electroplating, etc.
4. Modern surface treatment: chemical vapor deposition CVD, physical vapor deposition PVD, ion implantation, ion plating, laser surface treatment, etc.
Mestech provides customers with design and manufacturing services for metal parts including steel, aluminum alloy, zinc alloy, copper alloy and titanium alloy. Please contact us if necessary.